The MPHS Performing Arts Parents (PAPs) is dedicated to enriching the experience of the arts for Midland Park middle and high school students participating in Marching Band, Concert Band, Chorus, Theater Arts (drama/musical) and Broadcasting.
PAPs advances performing arts at Midland Park High School through:
• Advocacy: We serve as an important liaison between parents and the administration/faculty concerning the performing arts.
• Volunteerism: We provide critical manpower to help our programs grow and thrive.
• Fundraising: We spearhead fund‐raising events that enhance all performing arts programs.
PAPs impacts the experience of children participating in the performing arts in many significant ways. These include:
• Working with administration and faculty on funding “wish list” items, such as LED lights for the auditorium. • Promoting higher education with senior scholarships.
• Funding senior appreciation gifts for band, chorus, and broadcasting students.
• Sponsoring bagel breakfasts for broadcasting students.
• Co‐hosting “Music in the Park” and sponsoring several PAPs fundraising programs at the event.
• Raising money through our annual Poinsettia sale, as well as running concessions at band, chorus, Madrigals concerts, and drama/musical performances.
IF YOU HAVE A CHILD IN CONCERT BAND, MARCHING BAND, JAZZ BAND, CHORUS, MADRIGALS, THEATER ARTS (DRAMA/MUSICAL) AND/OR BROADCASTING, YOU CAN HELP ENRICH THEIR EXPERIENCE BY BECOMING A MEMBER OF PAPS. JOIN TODAY.
EXECUTIVE BOARD 2015-2016 President - Mary Keenan Vice President - Cheryl Boland
Treasurer - Betty Ann Agresta Recording Secretary - Sue Hartman Corresponding Secretary - Maureen Schmidt
Ways and Means - Colleen Keegan Membership - Martina Timoney Hospitality
- Trish Olsen Competition -Sue Opderbeck Scholarship -